Saturday, April 17, 2010

We're boring...I know...Butt we try!

So I realize it's been a while since our last post. I was trying to think of something exciting that's happened. I could relate my adventure of having a colonoscopy but I didn't want to be the butt of all your jokes....


So, I'll tell you about this...

This is an arrowhead I found while we were on a family walk up on the bluff that overlooks our house. The tip was kind of buried and at first I thought it was wet dog poop. But curiosity overcame fear and I touched it and dug it out. What an exciting find!!!! It's probably just someone's necklace part but Dad says it looks pretty real. I guess we could ask Uncle Burton...if we had the time.

The second grand adventure was Me and Sum running in the Tortoise and Hare 5K race. It was a windy and chilly morning but we braved the elements and the scale (yes they really do weigh you in public) and went and had an adventure. This is a handicap race so in theory even the worst runner could win. I was considered the second most handicap person (I got to start 11:04 minutes before the actual start time) (They must have considered sleep patterns as a handicap...) Actually it's just age and height/weight ratio. Sum had a 7 minute handicap, she got points for being so young, we covered the entire spectrum! It was exciting starting the race with everyone cheering for the old, slow lady (me). And it was grand to have people pass by me as I putzed along. Sum did great and finished 51st. I finished 102nd, NOT LAST!! But yes, that meant that 100 people passed me. Alas at least I'm out there and I did PR, 38:05. Pretty good for a fast walker with a few trots thrown in!

This is our victory pose!


Last is Dad. He's a busy boy but still has time to entertain us all!


Hope you're all well and happy and staying the course!!!!

3 comments:

Royfam said...

hey good job mom! that was fun! you're a runner, you!

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

I just love you guys!!!!! I can't wait to come home!!! You are the best, good job on your running!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Oh I am envious of your running adventures!! I want to do something so fun!! Good job mom and sum!!