Saturday, May 7, 2011

Roy Family Outing . . . or Upping, or Downing, or Wheeling!

Greetings Outdoor Enthusiasts (and Curb Your Enthusiasm Enthusiasts):

Today we had a little family outing:  The Nielsen Challenge!  It's a 2.0 mile race that Vick has been running monthly for more than a year.  It was a gorgeous day, and we were thrilled to run well and get out together.  I think we all ran Personal Bests, or nearly so.  We were so excited about it all that we came back home and jumped for joy.  Here are the pictures:
Here's our first picture.  We tried to get Doug to cooperate, but no, he's a dumb mutt who just wants to have fun.  Hey sounds good!  Plus, we couldn't get Pike's Peak in the background, so we had to take another pic.

This pic was looking good, but Doug still didn't get it, and Summer did her typical jumping picture.  But at least we got some of the Peak!  So, try again . . . .
I know, we'll ALL jump this time.  Except a) Summer didn't jump, and b)   Sydney  tried to get into the picture.  FAMILY MEMBERS ONLY! That means only Doug.  (Just kidding Sydney.  You're a family member I guess).
Unfortunately, Mom had to play Godzilla-Sumo-Dumpsquatter in this pic.  But check out the HUGE AIR SUMMER CATCHES IN THIS PIC!  AWESOME BUM! 
There are no words for this pic . . . .  Except Summer is again catching some serious spazz air!  OH, Mom wanted me to censor this picture, so no problem, see below:
There ya go . . . .
Summer flipped a pretty good cartwheel, but Mom and I pretty much mistimed the jump . . . again.  So,  try again.

Well, I don't think Mom ever got off the ground in any of these pics, and Sydney is still  hanging around, and  Summer is getting serious hang time, and we pretty much just had a fun time.  Hope you can join us sometime!

COMING SOON:
For those of you who don't believe my running abilities, I will have a video for you.  Not sure when, but within a couple of weeks.  You'll like it . . . .

Have a great weekend!

Love, Grandbill/Dad

4 comments:

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

YES DAD! That is the best ever! And all of you, I'm so happy for your little running souls!

Charina said...

What joy!!!! I loved that post! and to see all your wonderful faces! You all look super. I miss you and doug and pikes peak and kinda sydney.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Iloved that post!! And Summer! Come train my long jumpers!!!

Royfam said...

Just a little "re-buttall" here: a)I was turned around thinking I could get a better jump facing downhill, logical...b) I did get up, check out my bangs they're still hanging I just landed a little sooner than most and c) how many of the pictures had Dad in the air?