Saturday, November 21, 2009

Prediction Race 09

This is our third year in a row to go to the prediction race. The point of the 5K is to predict how long it will take you to run the race, leave when there is that much time on the clock and then in theory everyone in the race finishes when the clock hits zero. It's really fun. The winner is whoever is the closest to their predicted time. This was Summer and my first time running in this event, we usually just watch. Here we are before the race. Summer's prediction, 27:22. Mine (I just walk) 40:50.



And the winner was, not us. But of all the people we knew who entered the race the winner was...Vickie Roy! I came in with 4 seconds to go so my time was 40:46. Summer came in at 27:37. So we were both very close to our predictions. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday morning.

4 comments:

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

Jealous!! But good job, I'm simply bursting with pride for your souls! you are the best, i can't wait to see you!

Jimmy and Charina said...

So cool!! I wish I could've done it! I'm so impressed with how close you were. Mom you should've just walked 4 seconds slower and you'd be in there! Way to be!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Mom, how were you only off by 4 seconds and not the winner! That's an amazing prediction! I want to visit you one year when they do that and participate, it just seems like the coolest race ever.

Anonymous said...

Did you carbo load with bacon before the race?