Saturday, May 30, 2009

Graduation


Krista graduated on May 27, 2009 from Doherty High School. It was your standard, one each, graduation ceremony except Krista did get to sing in a group (without practice even!)As you can see in the first thumbs up picture, Krista is wearing a white dress, but she pulled a great schnike and surprised me by wearing her famous Doherty dress. Number 5 in her class academically but number ONE in her class for cool schnikes. The best part of graduation was getting to go to Golden Corral for dinner.
For those of you who don't know, Golden Corral is the proud sponsor of a 500 mile NASCAR race. Well, Dad had thought he heard that and so as he was leaning over a stack of 500 glasses to check out the beverage options he became the first entrant (and winner) of the Golden Corral "Glasscar" race. As the first stack started to fall and Dad thought, "shoot, mise well go fer broke" and he hugged all of those cups, the domino theory became a reality. The poor worker girl said she almost peed her pants and I think Krista, Saraho and Summer did, plus they forgot to breathe they were laughing so hard. It weren't the "Pissed in Cup" but you couldn't beat it fer excitement drawing the attention of everyone in the place.

3 comments:

Royfam said...

HAHAH! That was so funny when all those cups just cascaded! I haven't laughed that hard since LaDon bonked his head and we all reacted accordingly! And I guess graduation was pretty good too. :)

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Oh my goodness. I am laughing so hard I have tears. I can just see dads innocent little boy face too as all the glasses cascaded around him.
And congrats Kris! I bet our graduation was WAY shorter than yours...70 grads....I love small schools :) ALthough they do announce the parents of each student as they cross. Not that that adds extra time or anything. ANyway, way to go.
Oh, another funny part about Monroe, you probably didn't have all the parents invited down onto the floor to stand at the bottom of the stairs so they could take pictures and then mingle around taking more pictures on the floor as the other names were read. It was classic.
And, every student shook hands with every TEACHER after they came off the stage. I mean, that was only like, 20 or 30, but still funny and way different than Doherty.
ANd, they had refereshments for everyone when it was done.
And, let's see, there were other great Monroe gems about our graduation. Basically it was my new second favorite thing ever, following Prom.

Jimmy and Charina said...

I wish I could've been there!!! Sounds fun and quite hilarious.