Sunday, March 15, 2009

REGISTERED!

Every time I go running in the streets of our neighborhood (and the times are many) I am met, no matter where I go, with a stunning view of this:



So in every moment that I struggle up the hills of Topaz and Old Farm and Austin Bluffs, I can see in front of me the hill of all hills in our lovely little Colorado and at some point in those runs, some crazy idea in my oxygen deprived brain prompted me to actually desire to RUN UP THAT CRAZY MOUNTAIN!

Why? I don't know. When I've hiked it in the past, I found myself saying at least once every mile (that's 13 times) going up, "People who run this are crazy! They're just crazy! Not even I'm that crazy!"

Ha. Ha. That's funny.

Because on Wednesday were the registrations to run the Pikes Peak Ascent that takes place every August in Manitou Springs, and the competition to get into the race is usually as fierce as the race itself, but


I REGISTERED TO RUN THE PIKES PEAK ASCENT!!!


Wish me, your crazy friend, luck! Oh yeah, and since for some reason there seems to be a shortage of crazy people wanting to run for 13 straight uphill miles, gaining almost 6000 ft in elevation this year... there's still spaces left. Do you want to come with me?

19 comments:

Royfam said...

kris here-
haha. that was a funny blog. good job.

Royfam said...

sum here -
ha ha that was a nice blog, i liked it. ha ha ha ha
ya

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Krista, you are crazy!! I am proud of your guts!!!

Jimmy and Charina said...

OH MY GOSH!! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Jimmy and Charina said...

Kris. If I would have a crush on you.

Jimmy and Charina said...

When is the peak ascent? I want to see you run your little booty off.

Jimmy and Charina said...

Summer is the best sister in the world.

Jimmy and Charina said...

I just realized one of my previous comments didn't make sense. If I were a BOY I would have a crush on yo.

Royfam said...

Mom here-I thought the registration process was FUN! And just for the record, I won that race.

Royfam said...

and yes you are crazy. And HECK NO i don't want to run it with you but on Aug 15th at 7:30 am you know I'll love to cheer for you.

Royfam said...

That was a good blog. hahahaha

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Krista...that's amazing! And yes! I think you are that crazy!! (in a good way)
-Eric

Royfam said...

Oh, yeah, TAKE LUCK!!! Take good care of the luck you have anyway. YOU CAN WIN IT!!!

Royfam said...

Although maybe you shouldn't win it cause then you'd get free registration for next year so you'd feel obligated to run it again and then that would just confirm and YOU ARE CRAZY!!!

The Lindes said...

haha...of course you're crazy. who dresses up as an idiot for halloween?

The Lindes said...

so...i'm wondering...if your brain is already oxygen deprived from just running our little hills...doesn't that mean that you will get so oxygen deprived up pike that you're brain would pretty much be deahd(like the Mama Chu lady)?

The Lindes said...

We are so excited for you! We would love to come but must graduate...bummer...i mean yay!

The Lindes said...

ya know...maybe we will come stay in colorado for a few days before graduation so we can watch you be happy at the beginning and then see you at the top pretty much hating the mountain for the moment. and then after we watched you we would drive to provo to graduate.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

I announce I'm pregnant on my blog and get 12 comments. You announce you are crazy on your blog and get 20!! Well, at least we kno where the worlds riorities lie :)