Sunday, November 18, 2007

Prediction



What to do on a warm, autumn morning with no papers to grade and a dog wanting to go for a swim? Why, you pack the car full of a bunch of DHS Cross Country buggins and head to Memorial park for a "Prediction" race.


What is a Prediction Race you ask? Well, it is a 5K (3.1 miles) race in which you predict your finish time before you start the race. The race begins with the slowest runner launching first and then each runner leaving when their predicted time shows up on the timer. The object is to finish the race when the timer hits 00:00! There are no watches allowed. Yes, that does mean in theory that all the racers finish at the same time. It's a fun race to watch as you see all the runners starting to pack up toward the end. Krista finished 24 seconds too fast but one of her teammates was only 4 seconds off the mark and won a turkey. The winner finished at 00:00.30!! It was a great morning and a favorite of Doug as you can see in this video--


3 comments:

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

That's so fun!! I've never heard of a prediciont race! Now I wish I was a regular runner so I could do it! Or I could do it, my time would just be like 32 minutes. The other day (at Cabela's) there was this yellow lab in a car parked next to us, and Viana saw it and said, "Meemaw's doggie!" Smart cookie!

Jimmy and Charina said...

I love how you can see doug's happy face in that picture. I miss Doug so much! Can you bring him to UT for thanksgiving?? Just kidding. :) That prediction race sounds like so much fun! way to go Kris!! You're are a buggin runner!

The Lindes said...

So Doug looks likes he is running on water to me when he goes to get the stick. It cracked me up!