Sunday, June 12, 2011



Since I was but a youth, I can remember looking toward Pikes Peak and seeing the "zipper" on the side of the mountain.
This is looking down that zipper, from not even the top.

Lots of people hike this incline, my very own daughters included.  Although none of us are in this picture.  I have always thought it would be a great thing to do.  But after all I am over the hill, not an age to be ON the hill.



But where did I find myself this Saturday thanks to Krista, the queen of adventures?  You guessed it, scrambling up the Incline!




It's kinda steep!

But, oh so rewarding!



After an hour and 22 minutes I got a high that lasted ALL DAY!  And not very many sore muscles even!  You are never over the hill if you can still climb to the top!


5 comments:

The Lindes said...

What, what?! that's amazing! I've never done the incline before and i'm definitely not over the hill....so you must definitely not be over the hill!

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

MOM!!! That is great! Congratulations!!!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Mom that is so cool!!!! I want to do that!

Unknown said...

Great work Mommers!

No wonder your daughters are so good at everything--they have an awesome example of a mountain-conquerer!

Love, Doobs/Grandbill/Dad

Charina said...

Whoa! way to go! Lookin' good mom!!