Wednesday, June 15, 2011

. . . . . . . . . . Grandkid Withdrawal Pangs

As you know, we had three consecutive weekends with Carter contact (babysat for them in Provo during the State Track meet where CJ was coach and took Ram home; returned Ram and switch him out for Viana for a week; returned Viana and attended CharlyAnn's baby blessing).  So we had two grandkids, each for a week, and it was very fun and exciting.  Now we're experiencing grandkid withdrawal pangs.  Here are some pics to help us recover:

Vick was the main grandkid watcher, though Ram and I did have a marvelous time at Keller Park one afternoon.

During the whole grandkid time, Krista was jetting around the world.  It was good to have her drop in for a couple of days on her way home.  By the way, we went running together and she helped me set a record for my little 3.1 mile route!

Brooke said, "I know why I love you . . . " but she never told me why.  No prob, I'll take it!

Viana was smart and fun, and always talking!

I chose this picture of Ram because he was always moving, always a blur!

CharlyAnn's theme song:  "And I'll always have eyes for youuuu!"

Viana always has a smile.  I think she's either smiling or laughing or singing . . . but in some way her mouth is always moving.  We love it!

Oh, no, no, nooooo.  (Inside joke)

Big blue eyes, but they're not always open, as you'll see in the video below.


Here's a funny story about Brooke:  In the video above, you'll hear Viana say "Meem!"  That's short for Meemaw, which is what the grandkids call Vickie.  Earlier that day Viana said to Vickie, "I think I"ll call you Meem.  Hello Meem!"  Not missing a beat, Brook said to me, "Hello Gran . . ." (short for Grandbill).  Smart and funny--a precious Brooke moment!


We sure miss 'em!  Parents of grandchildren:  please plan to bring your children to see us or invite us to your home at least once every month.  More would be better.  Kids of Bill and Vick:  We also still love you very much, so you may visit or invite us to see you as well!


Love, Grandbill/Dad

6 comments:

Royfam said...

I got my bags packed, let's go!

Charina said...

You can come see me and Jimmy! Even though we don't have any cute kiddos...we do have fishing in our backyard!

The Lindes said...

you can come visit us!! the lindes aren't coming for the 4th anymore....so you could celebrate your birthday with us!

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

Fun and joy! I like that.

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Iforgot about that sleepig brooke!! Great post dad!!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

oh yeah, GREAT inside joke :)