Thursday, July 10, 2008

Work x Force + Fun = Fatigue

This fine summer day, Summer and I aroused ourselves early in the morning from a midnight arrival back in the springs from California visiting Jamie. We looked nice. Especially Bum.

The two of us had a nice time at "Summernary", where Summer was no longer deprived of her social life and we had a lovely time. We then arrived back home and chilled for awhile while Mom and Dad worked. Then we went to a nice picnic in the park.

Summer stayed at the park and played with her other friends while I went home and played with mine and Mom and Dad worked. Then dad went running, breathing hot air balloon style and sweating naturally. Summer folded laundry like a guru and Mom took care of Sis Peele. I went running, breathing naturally and sweating hot air balloon style. Mom also cooked us bottom feeders a nice dinner.

In order to do our part, Bum cleared the table and I rinsed the dishes. Summer scurried around, packing for her exciting camp coming up, and I continued to rinse the dishes. After a few bowls and a couple of cups, it occured to me to wonder where Mom and Dad were. It sure was quiet outside of my sink and soap concentration zone, and yet, I didn't recall hearing them ever leave the table. Looking over, I realized,

They hadn't!

What a summer we're having! I wish I could add these pictures to CJ's of Viana and Brooke sleeping strangely. Perhaps traveling the country is not as confusing as moving, but that doesn't prevent the surface of our dinner table from providing a welcome and comfortable pillow! Summer and I still feel great....
But I hope there's a little extra room on that table for me to lay my head down on before we leave to play a little Ultimate tonight!

3 comments:

Royfam said...

Actually, we were praying for the continued humility and safety of our forth child!

Love, Dad

Ceej said...

that's awesome! It's genetic to sleep in funny places I suppose!

Carterfam said...

Fun!!