Sunday, October 26, 2014

PIKES PEAK!!!!

When we got home from our Illinois adventure and I saw that all the snow had melted off Pikes Peak.  I got a little bit excited!  I was bummed we didn't get it hiked before the snow but then with such a warm fall the snow melted.  So I checked the weather report and Wednesday, October 8, 2014 was gonna be a perfect day.  And it was!!!!!  Check out just how perfect...




We hit the leaves just right!

Familiar Barr trail sight!

So far away!

Barr Camp lunch

Another famous landmark on the trail

Not there yet, but it's a long way down.


My 3rd time up but I'm pretty sure the peak has gotten taller in the past five years!

Bill's first time up Barr trail!

110 years worth of humanity.  WHO HIKED TO THE TOP OF PIKES PEAK IN UNDER 9 HOURS!

We had a great cog rail ride down the mountain.
A PERFECT DAY!!!!

2 comments:

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

Joyous joy! I"m so glad you finally convinced Dad to go--and that you convinced me to go all those years ago! Good job you 110 years worth of humanity!

Andy and Summer Perez said...

Sweet! You guys are awesome. The trees looked so beautiful up there.