Saturday, August 2, 2014

Growing

I had been anticipating,all winter long, making a planter at the end of the deck so that I could do some farming.



I also had envisioned having flowers growing in pots on our beautiful deck.  Dreams do come true!


So here, almost finished (the cap row isn't permanently placed yet), is the planter I made all by myself.  Sounds like something a two year old would say. haha


I'm pretty happy with my efforts.  And maybe someday I could work for Billy.  


My project is even bearing delicious fruit!


Even though two weeks ago most of the plants were beaten down by the hail to nothing but some withered stems.


But even after the beating, in just two short weeks, they are again flourishing. That's kinda how life goes too, isn't it?  But I know we're designed to be resilient.


Just like my bush after a heavy duty trimming.


Or my flowers after the hail (you do have to look close).  But even after our hail, often spelled hell, we too can live to thrive again.  My little project reminds me of that and I am grateful.

4 comments:

Billy and Krista Hiatt said...

Good blog, Mom! And good planter! That thing is sweet! I will show Billy so he can be very impressed.

Charina said...

SWEET PLANTER!!!!! It looks incredible! The deck looks pretty amazing too!

7Carters!E,H,V,B,R,C,E said...

Good growth and analogy mom! Love you!

Andy and Summer Perez said...

Come teach me how to build a planter! And your plants look even better in real life!