Monday, November 3, 2008

Life Dreams

I'm all about being prolific and accomplishing great things, and though I feel as if I could blog about any number of successes we've had in the Roy family these past couple months, I feel greater about today's accomplishment than most any other because it's been a life dream. Oh, by the way, I've had five main ones since about 2 years ago:

Pray around the flagpole

Wear a skirt to school

Stick gum under a desk

Run a race in all 50 states

Learn how to tap dance

You can check off the first and the second, both wonderful experiences, I'm 1/10th of the way done with the fourth, and not even close to accomplishing the fifth, (but at least I have the shoes and a Tap with Ginger instructional video.) But how bout that third one? Well, last night I told CJ that goal and she said I should do it today, so as i walked out the door I put a piece of Trident gum in my mouth, determined to do so, but only slightly sad becasue I thought it'd be so much better and victorious with a big hunk of dubble bubble or bubbilicious. So I went to my third period class, not thinking that my life would change while there, but providence then smiled upon me! Sitting on the floor next to my desk was a piece of wrapped dubble bubble gum!!! While typically I'd be apprehensive to partake of such a thing, I popped it right in and prepared to live life to the fullest!




HA!

(the pink one is mine. Obviously I'm not a pioneer in this goal)

I did it, and even right before my dear friend Bailey Anderson tried to dissuade me by spititng off the Thirteenth Article of faith, but I told her no rule ever said you couldn't do it and so I wasn't being dishonest, distrue, dischaste, disbenevolent, disvirtuous or disdoinggoodtoallmen. So indeed I may say I follow the admonition of accomplishing life goals, and if you've got 'em.... STICK to it!!!

3 comments:

Jimmy and Charina said...

oh Kris....if i could find a boy version of you... i would totally marry him. haha I hope that isn't too weird of a comment. :) Loves Fam!

Royfam said...

Nice....at least you know where to find a piece of gum when you're craving some in the future!!

The Lindes said...

lol, that was too funny. I hope you don't get some kind of disease from eating that gum now!